Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The name game...

By now I bet your wondering if we have decided on name for our little girl. The answer to that is yes :)

We decided awhile back, but waited until we were really sure to announce it. She will keep her Congolese name as a middle name, and be given a new first name.

I was looking at French names, since that is the native language of Congo. (Yes, I understand a lot of people there speak other languages such as Kituba or Lingala, however a lot of their names still are French). Anyhow, there is a name I have loved for quite some time, and we are happy to announce that her name will be Rose.

When I thought and prayed about her name, it made it even sweeter. Though she may have started life in thorns, I know that given the love of a family, she will blossom into a beautiful rose.

And just yesterday Kennedy asked me if we could plant a rose in our yard for her baby sister. So that is on the agenda for the weekend. Planting a rose for Rose.

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you. —Isaiah 43:1-2

I thought of her when I read this verse. I love that I can now pray for her by name. I don't know where she is, what she is experiencing, or if she's even born yet. But I pray for her anyway..... and so do her sisters, especially Kennedy, she talks about her all the time, and her nightly prayer always includes her baby sister in Africa.


I found these cute little letters in the dollar spot at Target last week and I just had to get a letter for each of my girls..... Right now, they hang out right by my desk, as a constant reminder of what we are working towards..... our sweet Rose.

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful and sounds so perfect for her!!

    ReplyDelete